We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who compare rates once a year will probably buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that consumers who routinely compared rates saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Raleigh is your ultimate target, learning the best ways to shop for insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for information to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in North Carolina
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Raleigh, NC. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Higher deductibles save money – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Type of vehicle determines base premiums – The type of car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Get discounts on Raleigh car insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driving training, accident-free, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, daytime running lights, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Allstate may offer discounts for safe driver, farm vehicle, passive restraint, multi-policy, early signing, utility vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
Check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in North Carolina, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Raleigh?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Raleigh?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
How to find a good North Carolina auto insurance company
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in North Carolina. The rank data listed below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Affordable insurance rates are out there
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Raleigh car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective Volkswagen R32 insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Raleigh car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)