The best way to find more affordable Scion xD insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Raleigh. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are inclined to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. This article will teach you how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. Although North Carolina consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current xD insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Raleigh auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Scion xD insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you need the cheapest Scion xD rate quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh.
When looking for affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive Scion xD insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps locate a lower rate.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Raleigh, NC. To find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Rates and other information
The coverage table shown below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Scion xD models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$80||$174||$240||$14||$72||$580||$48|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in Raleigh location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Gender differences in insurance premiums
The information below compares Scion xD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below compares Scion xD annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Scion xD settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from small agencies is still important in Raleigh.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Raleigh can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Raleigh who may provide free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Snotherly Ins Agency Inc
2308 Wake Forest Rd – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-5832 – View Map
- Blackmon Insurance
3416 Poole Rd # 110 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-8131 – View Map
- Protective Agency
2026 New Bern Ave – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-2281 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Raleigh exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Doug Wingate – State Farm Insurance Agent
2414 Wycliff Rd #110 – Raleigh, NC 27607 – (919) 787-0888 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 250-3606 – View Map
- Anthony Sykes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 Wake Forest Rd Ste 106 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 850-0560 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Raleigh?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for Scion xD insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Scion xD insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Cheap Scion xD insurance in Raleigh is available both online as well as from independent agents in Raleigh, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you quote Raleigh auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)