We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around are highly likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Raleigh is to compare prices regularly from different companies in North Carolina. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you can use this information to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. Pricing the most affordable coverage in Raleigh can be fairly easy. You only need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes instantly.
Companies offering Kia Stinger insurance in Raleigh
The companies shown below provide free quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
How Insurance Companies Determine Kia Stinger Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Better premiums for no policy lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina DMV.
Big cities have higher premiums – Having an address in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Married people drive safer – Being married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Some insurers will give discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
What are your deductibles? – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current Stinger insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-policy, new move discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, newly married, safety features, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, defensive driving training, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paid in full, air bags, safe vehicle, student away at school, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, military active duty, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and drive less.
If you are trying to find affordable Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings may not be offered in your state.
Compare rates but work with a local Raleigh insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Raleigh.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Raleigh can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Blackmon Insurance Agency of North Carolina, Inc.
4280 Louisburg Rd – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 875-8500 – View Map
- Chapman Insurance Agency, Inc.
6829 Falls of Neuse Rd #103 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 676-5066 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 720-4724 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Raleigh willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 846-3901 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 250-3606 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Adkins
1033 Oberlin Rd Ste 200 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 755-1133 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Best car insurance in Raleigh
Choosing the best company is hard considering how many companies there are in Raleigh. The ranking information shown below may help you select which companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Be persistent and save
When searching for the cheapest Kia Stinger rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Kia Stinger insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)