Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest car insurance rates in Raleigh, NC? Raleigh shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Hyundai Genesis insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Hyundai and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Raleigh agents.
Finding a better price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates to find the company with affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Raleigh, NC. In order to find cheaper car insurance in North Carolina, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in North Carolina
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai Genesis but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Genesis greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Hyundai Genesis models. Having insight into how auto insurance prices are formulated is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$348||$352||$20||$106||$978||$82|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$302||$240||$14||$72||$798||$67|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$348||$352||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$348||$352||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$348||$352||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$348||$352||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$348||$240||$14||$72||$844||$70|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$394||$352||$20||$106||$1,042||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific Raleigh garaging location which can affect rates greatly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
When shopping for insurance, a common question is what deductibles to buy. The tables below may help to illustrate the differences in premium rates of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second set of rates uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$440||$312||$18||$94||$1,107||$92|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$382||$212||$12||$64||$937||$78|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$440||$312||$18||$94||$1,131||$94|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$440||$312||$18||$94||$1,131||$94|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$440||$312||$18||$94||$1,131||$94|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$440||$312||$18||$94||$1,131||$94|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$440||$212||$12||$64||$995||$83|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$498||$312||$18||$94||$1,189||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$354||$312||$18||$94||$954||$80|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$308||$212||$12||$64||$792||$66|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$354||$312||$18||$94||$974||$81|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$354||$312||$18||$94||$974||$81|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$354||$312||$18||$94||$974||$81|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$354||$312||$18||$94||$974||$81|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$212||$12||$64||$838||$70|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$402||$312||$18||$94||$1,022||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Raleigh location which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $13 more each month or $156 for a full year than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at least 19 months between claims, you would save money by going with a higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even period
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$91|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $78|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$13|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $13|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||19 months|
One important issue to know is that increasing deductibles to save money means you will have to pay more out-of-pocket when you do file a claim. You will want to have some non-essential savings in order to pay the deductible.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Hyundai Genesis insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can drive up Hyundai Genesis annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Genesis insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Genesis insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Hyundai Genesis settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Raleigh auto insurance on your computer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Raleigh and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Raleigh auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching to them early. This discount can save up to 10%.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Genesis yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, accident-free, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, early shopping, distant student, homeowner, pay in full, and mature driver.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, federal employee, military active duty, seat belt use, and air bags.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, anti-theft, family plan, easy pay, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
If you want inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click here.
Local insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Raleigh.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Raleigh may be either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
The following are independent agents in Raleigh who may provide free rate quotes.
- Blackmon Insurance
3416 Poole Rd # 110 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-8131 – View Map
- Bagwell and Bagwell Insurance
2626 Glenwood Ave #300 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-6667 – View Map
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 863-0150 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quotes.
- Doug Wingate – State Farm Insurance Agent
2414 Wycliff Rd #110 – Raleigh, NC 27607 – (919) 787-0888 – View Map
- State Farm: Lisa Davis
8201 Rowlock Way Suite 112 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 782-3333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Walters
5620 Six Forks Rd Ste 103 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 848-8105 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Raleigh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does my Hyundai Genesis qualify for pleasure use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for things like funeral costs, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Hyundai Genesis.
Since many North Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in North Carolina), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Genesis in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When getting Raleigh auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Raleigh is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to saving money on Hyundai Genesis insurance in Raleigh
The best way we recommend to find lower priced car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Raleigh.
- First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Genesis coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)