The easiest way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to compare quotes annually from providers in North Carolina.
First, take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides tips to get affordable coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. North Carolina drivers could save approximately $100 every year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
We hope to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Shoppers only need to know the proper methods to compare different rates online.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get pricing on the web. The process is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on the data you entered.
Quoting online for Dodge Avenger insurance in Raleigh makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable premium.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in North Carolina. To locate cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though Raleigh Avenger insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Avenger, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Avenger are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage table displayed next showcases a range of coverage prices for Dodge Avenger models. Understanding how insurance rates are determined can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates greatly.
Dodge Avenger full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Avenger replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge may enable drivers to earn substantially lower rates.
- Raleigh Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Avenger insurance.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Raleigh attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Avenger auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, daytime running lights, military active duty, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.