Are you sick and tired of scraping nickels together to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as most other people in North Carolina.
Sad but true, almost 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in North Carolina could save themselves up to 10% a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
Steps to finding discount Nissan Titan insurance in Raleigh
The recommended way to find affordable Nissan Titan insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
With people having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to pick the cheapest insurance company.
Compare Raleigh Nissan Titan insurance rate quotes
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Raleigh car insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for signing up early. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable data collection to analyze their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below compares Nissan Titan auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, claim-free
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in every state. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Nissan Titan models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are determined is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$176||$262||$312||$18||$94||$862||$72|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$262||$312||$18||$94||$862||$72|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$176||$262||$312||$18||$94||$862||$72|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$308||$312||$18||$94||$908||$76|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$308||$312||$18||$94||$928||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Nissan Titan insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Titan auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Raleigh car insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Raleigh. The information listed below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Raleigh
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest rates will generally be found on small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Titan policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Defend yourself with liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Better premiums for continuous coverage – Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- When should you file claims? – Insurance companies in North Carolina award discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Titan may be costing you higher rates.
- Lower rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- High coverage deductibles reduce costs – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Loss probability for a Nissan Titan – Insurers use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Titan vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Nissan Titan Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years