The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Raleigh insurance agent
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons will probably buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Raleigh is your objective, knowing how to shop for coverages can help you be more efficient.
Comparison shopping for more affordable coverage in Raleigh is not as confusing as people think. If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to compare price quotes using one simple form.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Small coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Save money by staying claim free – Companies in North Carolina award cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Men tend to take more risk – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Lots of insurers provide better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Your vocation can affect rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as military personnel, police officers, and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Single drivers may have higher prices – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
What are good liability insurance limits? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Claims statistics for a Honda Accord Hybrid – Insurers factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to buy Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Raleigh
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices online. Getting quotes for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Raleigh can be done by anyone as you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system collects reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these and other factors. Using the web to get rate quotes for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Raleigh makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. To find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Honda vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Raleigh, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Raleigh
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- E-sign Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and passive restraint.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, good driver, early bird, good student, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, federal employee, anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, early bird, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Local Raleigh insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Raleigh.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is there a local claims center in Raleigh?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
If you feel you receive good answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel a policy at any time so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for a certain time period.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
You can lower your car insurance rates
We just covered many tips how you can compare Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
More affordable car insurance in Raleigh is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)