It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved about $70 a month compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your target objective, then having a good understanding the best way to compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Raleigh.
- First, try to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices like careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Locating the best auto insurance in Raleigh is easy to do. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Drivers just have to learn the quickest method to shop using one simple form.
How Your Magnum Insurance Prices are Determined
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge Magnum has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Type of vehicle determines base rates – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The quickest way to compare rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Raleigh utilizes the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including daily mileage, which vehicles you own, your general credit rating, and if you require a SR-22. Your insurance information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your Dodge Magnum now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Raleigh Magnum insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Dodge but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Get discounts on Raleigh auto insurance
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Magnum may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose companies that offer discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
What types of car insurance agents are in Raleigh?
If you’re trying to find a good Raleigh insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Raleigh are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 863-0150 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Raleigh
2431 Spring Forest Rd #123 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 261-6164 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Terry E Nobles
557 Pylon Dr a – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 833-3803 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Walters
5620 Six Forks Rd Ste 103 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 848-8105 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 846-3901 – View Map
- Lindsay Gianni – State Farm Insurance Agent
12333 Strickland Rd #106 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 329-2913 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. It’s important to know that you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into the insurance policy for the full term.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does my Dodge Magnum qualify for pleasure use?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Quote more to save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh is available from both online companies and with local Raleigh insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers work with independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Car Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)