How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced car insurance rates in Raleigh, NC? Raleigh buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Chevy Volt insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Chevy and find the cheapest rates either online or from Raleigh insurance agents.
Reducing your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just need to take the time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Raleigh insurance discounts
Some companies do not list every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies will give a small break shop Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Volt insurance in Raleigh.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your premiums.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO discounts include air bags, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, good student, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-car, new car, good student, early quote, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, renewal discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, teen driver discount, safety features, preferred payment discount, newly married, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To view insurers who offer free Chevy Volt insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Raleigh insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you pricing information.
- AssuredPartners NL
4505 Falls of Neuse Rd Suite 350 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 781-0200 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Terry E Nobles
557 Pylon Dr a – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 833-3803 – View Map
- Blackmon Insurance Agency of North Carolina, Inc.
4280 Louisburg Rd – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 875-8500 – View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you price quote information.
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
- State Farm: Lisa Davis
8201 Rowlock Way Suite 112 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 782-3333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 329-2580 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Raleigh?
- If they are an independent agency in Raleigh, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – If you file claims often, you should expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina give better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Don’t let your car insurance policy lapse – Going without insurance can be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Your location is important – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large North Carolina cities have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Volt – Companies use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Volt vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Volt Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Volt Electric 89 83 81 71 73 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Volt in Raleigh, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Volt, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Volt are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good North Carolina car insurance company
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Raleigh. The company information listed below could help you pick which providers to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop around and save
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Chevy Volt insurance rates in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced car insurance in Raleigh is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
How to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Volt insurance in Raleigh
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Chevy Volt insurance in Raleigh is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in North Carolina. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)