If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in North Carolina. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Seville coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved on average $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Raleigh is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Quote Raleigh Cadillac Seville insurance online
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in North Carolina. To locate the best auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Seville, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Cadillac but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Rates and your address – Residing in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People who live in big cities have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Consider raising deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Optional features that cut car insurance rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Good drivers pay the best costs – Having a single citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
With age comes lower prices – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Men pay more for auto insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
File policy claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in North Carolina provide better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Marriage discount – Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Lower rate quotes on Cadillac Seville insurance in Raleigh with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new Seville can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Raleigh drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, seat belt use, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers offers discounts including early quote, multi-policy, multi-car, driver training, IntelliDrive, good student, and continuous insurance.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, multi-car, multi-policy, and safety features.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, multi-vehicle, accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. To locate insurers offering car insurance discounts in Raleigh, click this link.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Raleigh car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a local agent, there are two different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that may be able to give price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 833-6111 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Raleigh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Raleigh?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Raleigh car insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Raleigh. The rank data displayed below may help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cover all your bases
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Cadillac Seville insurance rates in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)