Really, the only way to get discount Honda Accord Crosstour insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Raleigh.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Raleigh. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Drivers in Raleigh could save nearly 10% each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, use these tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Raleigh can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in North Carolina
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The rate table below showcases different insurance policy prices for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are figured can aid in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$184||$380||$326||$20||$98||$1,008||$84|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$184||$380||$326||$20||$98||$1,008||$84|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$208||$446||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$208||$446||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$208||$446||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can change coverage prices substantially.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below compares Honda Accord Crosstour yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Accord Crosstour settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Six Tips to Get More Affordable Raleigh Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help calculate car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
High credit scores save money – A driver’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Honda Accord Crosstour if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
Rates increase with driving citations – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below shows how violations and fender-benders raise Honda Accord Crosstour auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender and car insurance prices – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rates and your address – Living in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
How much liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Honda Accord Crosstour statistical loss data – Insurance companies study historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the historical loss data for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD||85||97||83||122||113||94|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD||99||102||94||120||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Accord Crosstour insurance in Raleigh.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Accord Crosstour insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, driver training, early quote, and home ownership.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, business or organization, accident-free, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, alternative fuel, distant student, good student, multi-car, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Esurance may include discounts for paid-in-full, good driver, claim free, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Honda Accord Crosstour rate quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate car insurance companies with significant discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and also buy local. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Raleigh.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh that can provide free Raleigh car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Raleigh that can give you price quotes for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Raleigh.
Nationwide Insurance: Carter Glass Insurance Agency
5901 Falls of Neuse Rd – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 872-1778 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they give you a referral list?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an provider that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance. It’s important to know that policyholders can cancel a policy when you choose so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company with no way to switch.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in North Carolina?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Raleigh?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper insurance in Raleigh is possible online and with local Raleigh insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)