Really, the only way to save money on GMC Canyon insurance in Raleigh is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for information to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare other prices will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved over $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for insurance is the reason you’re here, understanding how to compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is not a difficult process. You just need to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Raleigh, NC. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need GMC vehicle insurance in North Carolina
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Raleigh, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your GMC Canyon with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your GMC for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next covers different insurance rates for GMC Canyon models. Having a better idea how premiums are established can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$144||$274||$282||$16||$84||$800||$67|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$144||$334||$282||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$144||$334||$282||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$334||$282||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$166||$274||$282||$16||$84||$822||$69|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$166||$334||$282||$16||$84||$882||$74|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$166||$334||$282||$16||$84||$882||$74|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$166||$274||$282||$16||$84||$822||$69|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$166||$394||$282||$16||$84||$942||$79|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$166||$334||$282||$16||$84||$882||$74|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up GMC Canyon auto insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount shop Raleigh car insurance over the internet.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost GMC Canyon insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of GMC Canyon insurance premiums with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, teen driver, youthful driver, distant student, early shopping, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, daytime running lights, federal employee, five-year accident-free, good student, and driver training.
- Esurance may include discounts for online shopper, defensive driver, claim free, Switch & Save, and multi-car.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, multi-car, accident prevention training, safe driver, and drive less.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and good student.
If you want inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in every state.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Raleigh willing to provide rate quotes for GMC Canyon insurance in Raleigh.
- Amanda Hagood – State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 Duraleigh Rd #135 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 834-3615 – View Map
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 863-0150 – View Map
- ACF Insurance Services, Inc.
4634 Capital Blvd – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 878-7786 – View Map
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Persistent drivers can save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on GMC Canyon insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Car Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)