Saving money on Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh might be nearly impossible for drivers new to buying insurance online. People have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily become a real difficult job to find the best price in North Carolina on Ford F-150 insurance.
We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. People who shop around are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on Ford F-150 insurance is your objective, learning how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is actually quite simple. In essence, every person who wants cheaper auto insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. Nevertheless, North Carolina consumers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Free Raleigh Ford F-150 insurance quotes
It's important to know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare prices from them as well.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage table displayed below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Ford F-150 models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$132||$326||$20||$98||$694||$58|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$168||$326||$20||$98||$730||$61|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$118||$168||$326||$20||$98||$730||$61|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$168||$326||$20||$98||$730||$61|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$118||$168||$326||$20||$98||$730||$61|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$136||$168||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$168||$326||$20||$98||$764||$64|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$152||$168||$326||$20||$98||$764||$64|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$152||$168||$326||$20||$98||$764||$64|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$152||$204||$326||$20||$98||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$152||$240||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$152||$240||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$152||$240||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$170||$240||$326||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$170||$240||$326||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$170||$240||$326||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Raleigh which can raise or lower auto insurance rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Ford F-150 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Drive safe and save
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can raise Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take policy discounts and save on Ford F-150 insurance in Raleigh
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids living away from Raleigh attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Club Memberships - Being in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Raleigh car insurance quote.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver's education, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Allstate has discounts for senior citizen, good student, utility vehicle, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and good student.
When quoting, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Raleigh. For a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Raleigh, click this link.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in North Carolina is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Raleigh that give free quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
What type of Raleigh auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Raleigh insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Raleigh agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are Raleigh exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Myron Jarman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2869 Jones Franklin Rd - Raleigh, NC 27606 - (919) 859-5261 - View Map
- Danny Newton - State Farm Insurance Agent
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy #109 - Raleigh, NC 27616 - (919) 875-1955 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 - Raleigh, NC 27610 - (919) 250-3606 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quotes.
- Durfey-Hoover-Bowden Insurance Agency
3741 Benson Dr - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 790-6415 - View Map
- J. Miller Lawson Agency - Nationwide Insurance
9360 Falls of Neuse Rd #201 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 676-5695 - View Map
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 - Raleigh, NC 27613 - (919) 863-0150 - View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate coverage for any reason so don't feel that you're stuck with any particular company for any length of time.