Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Raleigh? No car owner looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Raleigh can save almost 10% each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable auto insurance rates.
Steps to saving money on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Raleigh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Ford C-Max Energi insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper C-Max Energi coverage is available in Raleigh. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm continually bombard you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should take the time to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Raleigh on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Locating the best insurance company for you in Raleigh can be made easier if you know where to look. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare different rates instantly.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide information including if your license is active, your education level, if a SR-22 is needed, and what you do for a living. Those rating factors is then submitted to multiple companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Energi in Raleigh, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your C-Max Energi, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Ford C-Max Energi and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Specific coverages for a Ford C-Max Energi
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, dental work, surgery and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your C-Max Energi resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your C-Max Energi to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford C-Max Energi.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in North Carolina), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, medical expenses, structural damage, medical services and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.