I can’t think of anyone who enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Raleigh consumers can cut their rates by about 10% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Steps to finding affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Raleigh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
With drivers having so many choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Raleigh, it’s difficult to find the right insurance company.
This article’s goal is to introduce you to how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Drivers just have to know the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
These discounts can cut Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Kia may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Raleigh attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Buy New and Save – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Optima Hybrid can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to track driving manner by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Optima Hybrid insurance in Raleigh.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, multi-car, multi-policy, age of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Kia Optima Hybrid insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here to view.
Getting a cheaper price on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is not rocket science. You just have to take time to compare rates to find the company with low cost Raleigh car insurance quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities of a local agency. It is possible to comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Raleigh agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who may provide comparison quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Raleigh exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How long has the business existed?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
What is the best car insurance company in North Carolina?
Finding a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Raleigh. The company rank data listed below may help you select which auto insurers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
In the end, you can save money
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
How to buy discount Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Raleigh
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina is available on the following sites:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)