If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional tips to get cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Raleigh. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. The average driver in America could save themselves approximately $860 a year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in North Carolina. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Raleigh, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in North Carolina is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Your F-PACE Insurance Costs are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings.
- Raise deductibles and save – The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like scientists, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most larger insurers will give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Save by driving less – The higher the miles on your Jaguar each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your F-PACE may be wasting your money. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some companies do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for business or organization, good student, anti-theft, easy pay, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, federal employee, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- AAA discounts include good driver, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, theft prevention, defensive driver, teen driver, early bird, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Raleigh that can provide free Raleigh car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Does their agency support local causes in Raleigh?
What types of car insurance agents are in Raleigh?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Raleigh agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can handle insurance, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who may provide you with price quote information.
Vincent Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 Alexander Promenade PI #105 – Raleigh, NC 27617 – (919) 957-9009 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 833-6111 – View Map
More effort can pay off
Discount Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Raleigh can be purchased both online and from local agencies, so get free Raleigh car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)