Unfortunately, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in North Carolina could save nearly 10% every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
The preferred way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Raleigh is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Aspen coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Raleigh can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to compare prices online.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chrysler Aspen scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- How much liability protection – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Optional features that cut car insurance rates – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Add-on coverages can waste money – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are some examples. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Chrysler Aspen by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most larger companies apply lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare Chrysler Aspen rates in Raleigh to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still save even more by buying car insurance from a different company.
Save with these discounts on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Raleigh
Some companies do not list every discount they offer very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Aspen insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Raleigh car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Aspen can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount should help lower your auto insurance premiums.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Raleigh. To locate companies who offer free Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here to view.
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in North Carolina. The company ratings shown next may help you pick which coverage providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Lower rates by being persistent
The cheapest Chrysler Aspen insurance in Raleigh can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how to find cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Raleigh car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is located below:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Car Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)