Would you like to stop overpaying and find cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Raleigh? Are you confused by the crazy number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? There are such a vast assortment of companies available that it can really be a chore to compare auto insurance rates on Dodge Durango insurance. Everyone knows that Raleigh is a great city to live in, but paying high auto insurance rates can make it nearly impossible to meet other financial obligations.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who compare other prices will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh is your intention, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around every six months because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Dodge Durango insurance in Raleigh two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Many insurance companies allow you to get pricing on the web. Comparing Dodge Durango insurance rates online is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the most affordable premium.
To get comparison pricing now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in North Carolina. To locate cheaper car insurance in Raleigh, NC, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Durango insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower-cost Raleigh insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 get Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-policy, save driver, home ownership, early quote, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, newly married, new move discount, newly retired, multi-policy, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
If you need affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Raleigh. To find providers who offer cheap Dodge Durango insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Buying insurance from Raleigh insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of Raleigh car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Marcus L Davis Agency
3901 Barrett Dr Suite 312 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 772-7698 – View Map
- Wade S Dunbar Insurance
7951 Monument Ln # 201 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 720-2290 – View Map
- Lee Winters Insurance Agency
1330 St Marys St Suite 250 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 828-7130 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Lindsay Gianni – State Farm Insurance Agent
12333 Strickland Rd #106 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 329-2913 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Adkins
1033 Oberlin Rd Ste 200 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 755-1133 – View Map
- Myron Jarman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2869 Jones Franklin Rd – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 859-5261 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Insurance can get complicated
When buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- If my Dodge Durango is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
Discount Dodge Durango insurance in Raleigh is attainable on the web and with local Raleigh insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
How to find more affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Raleigh
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Raleigh is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in North Carolina. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)