If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Raleigh.
- First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more details to help reduce prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unbelievably, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. North Carolina drivers could pocket almost 10% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Dodge Challenger Insurance
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart car theft.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband may save some money compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Challenger policy. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Employer reflects on rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and accountants usually pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, historians and retirees get better rates.
Why do you need liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
How to shop Dodge Challenger insurance online
When looking for the cheapest Dodge Challenger rate quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from different companies. One of the best ways to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to physically go to different Raleigh agent offices. The ability to quote Dodge Challenger insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance only provided by licensed Raleigh agents. It is possible to comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Raleigh, NC. To locate cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Rates and information analytics
The information shown below highlights a range of policy rates for Dodge Challenger models. Having insight into how rates are established can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
Dodge Challenger insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below compares Dodge Challenger insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Challenger replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Challenger insurance, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Challenger has a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Challenger insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Raleigh who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Raleigh?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Raleigh insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Raleigh can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Raleigh exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
Once you have received good feedback as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel your coverage at any time so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the full policy term.
How to find a good North Carolina car insurance company
Finding the highest-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Raleigh. The company rank data shown next may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Find affordable insurance prices by comparing often
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Lower-priced Dodge Challenger insurance in Raleigh can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much are Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)