A recent study showed that most consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in Raleigh can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in North Carolina. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Get lower-cost rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Rabbit insurance in Raleigh.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A partial list of companies who may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Raleigh, click here to view.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details such as if you went to college, which vehicles you own, what you do for a living, and marital status. Your details is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Raleigh.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Buying insurance from Raleigh auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Raleigh, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Raleigh?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How are claims handled?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Auto insurance agents in Raleigh come in two varieties
When looking for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
- Lindsay Gianni – State Farm Insurance Agent
12333 Strickland Rd #106 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 329-2913 – View Map
- Tom Patterson – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Spring Forest Rd #1400 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 954-1340 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide rate quotes.
- IGO Insurance Agency Inc.
8117 Ebenezer Church Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-1560 – View Map
- Carolina Capital Insurance Group
1100 Logger Ct., Bldg. D-101 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 747-9002 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher D Edwards Agency
3901 Capital Blvd Ste 121 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 872-0130 – View Map
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
As you quote Raleigh auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how you can lower your Volkswagen Rabbit insurance prices in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)