Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in the United States could save about 47% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount Lincoln MKT insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more information to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. This process is very simple because you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the best rate on auto insurance.
To compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Raleigh, NC. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Raleigh, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Data for Lincoln MKT insurance
The coverage information displayed below outlines a range of insurance prices for Lincoln MKT models. Understanding how car insurance prices are established can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$170||$302||$318||$18||$96||$904||$75|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$186||$348||$318||$18||$96||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Lincoln MKT premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKT car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKT replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Check for these price cutting discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Lincoln MKT insurance.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the web.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below compares Lincoln MKT yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in Raleigh, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Raleigh insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When researching a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Raleigh can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Protective Agency
2026 New Bern Ave – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-2281 – View Map
- Bagwell and Bagwell Insurance
2626 Glenwood Ave #300 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-6667 – View Map
- Clark Insurance Agency
4004 Barrett Dr #206 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 844-2995 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
- Danny Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy #109 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 875-1955 – View Map
- Carmen Ritz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1814 Oberlin Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 783-8722 – View Map
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Raleigh?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Raleigh?
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Ratings for North Carolina auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Raleigh. The ranking data shown below can help you choose which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Lincoln MKT insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Lincoln MKT rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious Lincoln MKT insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Raleigh insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)