To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Chrysler 300 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Raleigh. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper 300 coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Unbelievably, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in North Carolina have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could save an average of almost $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to shop around.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chrysler 300 insurance in Raleigh is to understand all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether you drive to work or school, driver ages, if a SR-22 is required, and your credit rating estimate. Your details is then sent to many different companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To find the cheapest Chrysler 300 insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Raleigh.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Raleigh 300 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your 300, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Chrysler 300 coverage analysis
The data table below covers different rate quotes for Chrysler 300 models. Understanding how policy rates are determined can assist in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$296||$336||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$296||$336||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$148||$296||$336||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$296||$336||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$296||$336||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$296||$336||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Chrysler 300 annual premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below shows the difference between Chrysler 300 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler 300 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheap Raleigh insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Raleigh car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Student in College – Children living away from Raleigh attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive a slight reduction on a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall premium however.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler 300 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of these discounts possibly include:
If you need low cost Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best discounts in Raleigh, click here.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Raleigh, get answers to these questions.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How long has their agency been in business in Raleigh?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
If you need to find a local Raleigh insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Raleigh agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quotes.
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates regularly to save
Budget-friendly car insurance in Raleigh can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Raleigh, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More information is available below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)