Sadly, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Raleigh could save themselves as much as $90 a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates online.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Shopping around for the cheapest policy in Raleigh is quite easy. Nevertheless, North Carolina car owners must learn how insurance companies calculate their prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Raleigh could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Raleigh drivers who agree to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, good student, homeowner, teen driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, loyalty savings, military installation, defensive driver, and family discount.
If you are trying to find cheaper Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick auto insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if you’re married, if the vehicle is leased, distance driven, and if you require a SR-22. The data is instantly submitted to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Consumers Save More
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
The items below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Low mileage costs less – The more you drive your Chevy each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Uplander may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
Consolidate policies and save – Some insurance companies will give lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
Avoid traffic tickets – Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. People who have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Urban residents pay more – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents.
Add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Rates go up with performance – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
High credit scores save money – Your credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Uplander by improving your credit score.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Raleigh
If you would like to find a good Raleigh insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Raleigh are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Raleigh who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Durfey-Hoover-Bowden Insurance Agency
3741 Benson Dr – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 790-6415 – View Map
- Lee Winters Insurance Agency
1330 St Marys St Suite 250 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 828-7130 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael E Okoli Agency Inc
309 W Millbrook Rd #151 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 786-1960 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
- Mary Wilson – State Farm Insurance – Raleigh
9660 Falls of Neuse Rd #165 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 872-1225 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Adkins
1033 Oberlin Rd Ste 200 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 755-1133 – View Map
- Anthony Sykes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 Wake Forest Rd Ste 106 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 850-0560 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. A good agent in Raleigh will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Raleigh?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you receive satisfactory answers as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy when you choose so never assume that you are obligated to any particular company with no way out.
Protect your Chevy Uplander and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Uplander in Raleigh, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Chevy Uplander with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Uplander more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Chevy Uplander insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Uplander insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
When searching for the cheapest Chevrolet Uplander rate quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh is available both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.