It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for tips to prevent expensive rate increases and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Raleigh drivers could save roughly $90 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Raleigh is really not that difficult. Nevertheless, North Carolina drivers do need to learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Chevy Corvette insurance in Raleigh takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as the ages of drivers, whether you are single or married, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and if a SR-22 is required. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Raleigh.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Corvette car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including good student, multi-car, good driver, safety device, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, seat belt use, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate discounts include anti-lock brakes, premier plus, farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, and passive restraint.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Raleigh.
Statistics and details
The rate table below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Corvette models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are figured helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Corvette 2-Dr Coupe||$230||$488||$186||$10||$56||$970||$81|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$544||$186||$10||$56||$1,068||$89|
|Corvette 2-Dr Convertible||$272||$544||$240||$14||$72||$1,142||$95|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$600||$240||$14||$72||$1,220||$102|
|Corvette Z06 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$600||$186||$10||$56||$1,146||$96|
|Corvette ZR1 2-Dr Coupe||$378||$828||$186||$10||$56||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Local Raleigh car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Raleigh who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Raleigh for you
When narrowing the list to find local Raleigh agents, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Raleigh are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any good agent in Raleigh should know the answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
If you get positive responses to your questions as well as cheap Corvette insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
How Insurers Calculate Chevy Corvette Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
Cheaper premiums with safer cars – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
What type of car do you drive? – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chevrolet Corvette car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
How’s your driving record? – Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents influence Chevy Corvette insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get better rates if married – Being married helps lower the price on insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Avoid policy lapses – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
Chevy Corvette claim statistics – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Corvette vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Corvette 2dr||116||36||101||42||48||39|
|Chevrolet Corvette Convertible||99||25||57||36|
|Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr||176||126|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy Corvette
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Raleigh, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Smart shoppers get results
Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Corvette insurance in Raleigh is attainable online and with local Raleigh insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)