It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop rates annually will most likely buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy SS insurance in Raleigh is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to find lower priced Chevy SS insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
This article’s goal is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using this information. But North Carolina consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy SS insurance in Raleigh
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current SS insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Raleigh auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Raleigh and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, driver training, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, air bags, early bird, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, good student, and teen driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, accident-free, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Raleigh. To locate insurance companies with the best discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Compare Raleigh Chevy SS insurance quotes
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does Raleigh SS insurance quotes online, so you need to compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Raleigh Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles cost less – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Liability is important – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Teenagers are high risk – Youthful drivers in North Carolina are known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – Companies in North Carolina provide the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Low credit score equals high premiums – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet SS by improving your rating. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Chevy SS claim probability – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet SS Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Raleigh car insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
By using this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Raleigh may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Raleigh who may provide free rate quotes.
- J. Miller Lawson Agency – Nationwide Insurance
9360 Falls of Neuse Rd #201 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 676-5695 – View Map
- AssuredPartners NL
4505 Falls of Neuse Rd Suite 350 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 781-0200 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher D Edwards Agency
3901 Capital Blvd Ste 121 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 872-0130 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh that can give you comparison quotes.
- David Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
9380 Falls of Neuse Rd #105 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-1819 – View Map
- Cecil Burt – State Farm Insurance Agent
6837 Falls of Neuse Rd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-8006 – View Map
- Carmen Ritz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1814 Oberlin Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 783-8722 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Raleigh?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Raleigh, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your SS has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, car insurance protects your Chevy SS and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your SS outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
How to find a good North Carolina auto insurance company
Picking the highest-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in North Carolina. The ranking data listed below could help you pick which providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Cheaper coverage is out there
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Chevy SS insurance prices online in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)