If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Raleigh is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who compare other prices will presumably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Raleigh is your objective, then understanding the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can save time and money.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Raleigh
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
Rates increase with driving citations – Just one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with careless tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Safer cars means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
High performance equals high prices – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are for economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
Certain employers raise prices – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Raleigh
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Spark EV insurance in Raleigh.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple autos, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, safety features, good student, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, switch companies, distant student, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe vehicle, mature driver, company car, safe driver, and paperless.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, safe driver, multi-car, drive less, and accident prevention training.
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of insurers who offer free Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare Chevy Spark EV insurance car insurance rates in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
More affordable auto insurance in Raleigh is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Raleigh car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
When getting Raleigh car insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)