Are you researching more affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Raleigh? Are you regretting the purchase of an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not the only one.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. North Carolina insurance shoppers could cut their rates by nearly 10% a year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to find the cheapest rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Raleigh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Raleigh is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, try to learn a little about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Raleigh. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best price available on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Raleigh.
You should take the time to do price comparisons as often as possible since prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rates on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Raleigh six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Raleigh at a lower rate.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Choosing the best rates in Raleigh can be made easier if you know where to look. But North Carolina vehicle owners need to learn how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
When looking for inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from local Raleigh insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to call or drive to all the different Raleigh insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy. When comparing insurance rates, know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Raleigh, NC. To locate cheap car insurance in Raleigh, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see insurance companies who offer online Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes in Raleigh, click here.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage information shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Having knowledge of how premiums are figured can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$128||$272||$352||$20||$106||$878||$73|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$128||$272||$352||$20||$106||$878||$73|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$236||$282||$16||$84||$746||$62|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$236||$282||$16||$84||$760||$63|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$142||$272||$282||$16||$84||$796||$66|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$142||$272||$282||$16||$84||$796||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Chevy from damage. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Stress out and pay more – Careers such as doctors, police officers, and stock brokers have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as actors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Your location is a factor – Being located in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Mature drivers pay less – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.