It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Chevy Cruze insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional tips to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Cruze coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably move their business because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $865 a year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on Chevy Cruze insurance is your goal, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh can initially seem challenging. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most effective way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- High premiums for youthful drivers – Teenage drivers in North Carolina are statistically shown to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse actually saves money when shopping for insurance. It translates into being more responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Better drivers pay less – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. People who have license-revoking citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Drivers with good credit save on insurance – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by improving your rating. People with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
- How much liability protection do you need? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – The higher the miles on your Chevy each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Cruze is just wasting money. Verify your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Chevy Cruze insurance claim data – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Raleigh?
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Cruze insurance in Raleigh.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Chevrolet Cruze insurance rates in Raleigh.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.
Car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right company is difficult considering how many companies there are in North Carolina. The information in the next section can help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Do the work, save more money
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More affordable insurance in Raleigh can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Raleigh agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small local company.
Other learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)