It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find discount Chevy City Express insurance in Raleigh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in North Carolina.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent rate hikes and find hidden discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Raleigh can save 10% each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy City Express insurance in Raleigh takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like distance driven, types of safety features, how you use your vehicles, and if you have an active license. That information is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To find the cheapest Chevy City Express insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Chevy City Express models. Being able to understand how auto insurance premiums are calculated can be valuable when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$182||$366||$302||$18||$90||$958||$80|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$182||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,038||$87|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$210||$446||$302||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$210||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,144||$95|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$210||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,144||$95|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$210||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,144||$95|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,144||$95|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$238||$524||$302||$18||$90||$1,172||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can change price quotes substantially.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Chevy City Express annual premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy City Express replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Get cheaper Chevy City Express insurance rates in Raleigh
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Raleigh and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Raleigh can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, driver training, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy City Express in Raleigh, maintaining insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy City Express?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Raleigh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long has their agency been in business in Raleigh?
Choose the right car insurance agent
When finding a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Raleigh can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
- David Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
9380 Falls of Neuse Rd #105 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-1819 – View Map
- State Farm: Lisa Davis
8201 Rowlock Way Suite 112 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 782-3333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 329-2580 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
- Lee Winters Insurance Agency
1330 St Marys St Suite 250 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 828-7130 – View Map
- Clark Insurance Agency
4004 Barrett Dr #206 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 844-2995 – View Map
- IGO Insurance Agency Inc.
8117 Ebenezer Church Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-1560 – View Map