It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare price quotes will presumably switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Raleigh is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way to get cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Raleigh is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Raleigh is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, North Carolina vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Raleigh is to know the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give them rating details such as whether you are single or married, whether you have decent credit, level of coverage desired, and your education level. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Some companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get reduced rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be available in every state.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac GTO insurance, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Pontiac GTO. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in North Carolina?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When finding local Raleigh agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Carter Glass Insurance Agency
5901 Falls of Neuse Rd – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 872-1778 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Raleigh?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?