It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Raleigh.
First, get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Raleigh consumers can save roughly $90 each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Raleigh is quite easy. But North Carolina drivers must comprehend how big insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because it varies considerably.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Honda S2000 insurance in Raleigh is to know car insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like whether or not you need a SR-22, if you’re married, your occupation, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To check Honda S2000 insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. In order to find the best car insurance in Raleigh, NC, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your Honda S2000 just makes sense
Even though Raleigh S2000 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Honda S2000 but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your S2000 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Score discounts to get cheaper Raleigh car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Raleigh drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Raleigh auto insurance depending on your company.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Data Collection Discounts – Raleigh drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that have some of the above discounts include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. To see companies who offer car insurance discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.