If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Toyota Prius V insurance in Raleigh is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in North Carolina. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in North Carolina could cut their rates by $94 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Raleigh is not rocket science. Nearly everyone who carries auto insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. But North Carolina drivers do need to learn how companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to find better rates.
Affordable companies for Toyota Prius V insurance
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in North Carolina. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Toyota each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your Prius V can cost quite a bit. Make sure your policy correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Single drivers may get higher costs – Getting married may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Toyota Prius V scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Employer stress can make you pay more – Careers like military personnel, police officers, and emergency personnel generally have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Raising deductibles lowers premiums – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Loss probability for a Toyota Prius V – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine costs. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The next table shows the historical loss data for Toyota Prius V vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Prius V Hybrid||94||86||88||88||94||97|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts to get affordable Raleigh insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- No Claim Discounts – Raleigh drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Raleigh car insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Prius V insurance in Raleigh.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Raleigh can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Toyota Prius V rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Raleigh. To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Raleigh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How are claims handled?
Which auto insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in North Carolina. The company information listed below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in North Carolina?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Be persistent and save
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Toyota Prius V insurance car insurance rates in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced insurance in Raleigh is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When getting Raleigh car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Raleigh, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)