Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved over $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on FJ Cruiser insurance in Raleigh. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using this strategy. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to find the lowest price on the web.
Companies offering Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below offer quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Rates and data analysis
The price information below outlines different insurance prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are established can help you make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$210||$262||$254||$16||$76||$818||$68|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$234||$262||$254||$16||$76||$842||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can modify price quotes significantly.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Raleigh insurance discounts for a Toyota FJ Cruiser
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on FJ Cruiser insurance in Raleigh.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Raleigh car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, and DriveSense.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, paid in full, teen driver, air bags, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. To locate providers with discount car insurance rates in North Carolina, click here.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Raleigh who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- When do they do a full risk review?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Raleigh are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Raleigh exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that are able to give price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Christopher D Edwards Agency
3901 Capital Blvd Ste 121 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 872-0130 – View Map
When quoting and comparing a policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Will my Toyota FJ Cruiser be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This will pay to fix damage to your FJ Cruiser caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your FJ Cruiser to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, dental work, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like vandalism, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, medical expenses, legal defense fees, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Quote more to save more
Cheap Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Raleigh can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Students in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)