It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who get price comparisons are inclined to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is why you’re here, knowing how to shop for auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Raleigh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Low Cost companies for Pontiac Vibe insurance
The companies shown below provide quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, NC, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table shown below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Pontiac Vibe models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are established can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premiums significantly.
Affordable Raleigh car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Raleigh car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Vibe insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The diagram below compares Pontiac Vibe yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better car insurance rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Responsible credit scores equal low prices – An insured’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac Vibe by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Responsible drivers pay the best rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Having just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can affect Pontiac Vibe auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Having a spouse is a bonus – Your spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Consider raising deductibles – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Extra coverages are wasting money – Policies have extra add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent vehicle theft.
Females tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The example below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Raleigh.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Raleigh independent insurance agents who may provide free rate quotes.
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Raleigh?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Raleigh car insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Raleigh. The rank data displayed below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Pontiac Vibe insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Pontiac Vibe insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap Pontiac Vibe insurance in Raleigh can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)