How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Raleigh? Pretty sure you bought an expensive car insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and there are a lot of people in Raleigh just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
A recent study showed that most car insurance buyers in North Carolina kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in the U.S. can save almost $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Because you have many different company options, it’s difficult to choose the right car insurance company.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Raleigh can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
Insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts are:
If you want low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Raleigh.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Carolina. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Local neighborhood Raleigh car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Raleigh that can provide free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Raleigh should be forthright in answering these questions:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Two types of Raleigh auto insurance agents
If you want local Raleigh agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Raleigh are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you rate quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember you can cancel coverage any time you want so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency with no way to switch.
Be persistent and save
When searching for inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Ford Fusion Energi insurance prices in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
How to buy low-cost Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Raleigh
Really, the only way to save money on Ford Fusion Energi insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Raleigh.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for State Employees in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)