Are you doing reasearch to find low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance in Raleigh? Are you burned out from being strong-armed to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other drivers.
It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Raleigh could save nearly 10% every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
Consumers need to quote other rates yearly because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford Fiesta insurance in Raleigh six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, use these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Raleigh is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. You just need to understand the proper way to shop from many companies at once.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details including level of coverage desired, whether you are single or married, what you do for a living, and how you use your vehicles. Your details is then sent to insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts for Ford Fiesta insurance in Raleigh
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Fiesta can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current Fiesta insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Raleigh may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh car insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will lower your overall bill.
To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Raleigh, click here.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Raleigh auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find a local Raleigh insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Raleigh independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford Fiesta is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Drive fewer miles and save – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Fiesta is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Drivers with excellent credit save – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Ford Fiesta by repairing your credit.
Men pay higher premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Being married reduces risk – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Higher rates for specific occupations – Occupations such as fire fighters, police officers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher average rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as professors, athletes and performers get better rates.
Ford Fiesta insurance loss probability – Companies factor in historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Ford Fiesta vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Fiesta in Raleigh, insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent to save money
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Fiesta insurance prices in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to buy low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance in Raleigh
The easiest way to find better pricing on Ford Fiesta insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like distracted driving and poor credit can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More information can be read at the links below
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)