How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Dodge Ram insurance in Raleigh? Sick and tired of being strong-armed each month for auto insurance? You have the same problem as many other North Carolina consumers.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Raleigh drivers could cut their rates by approximately 10% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company. Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Raleigh.
It's a good habit to quote other rates occasionally because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best price on Dodge Ram insurance in Raleigh on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the easiest way to save on auto insurance.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in North Carolina. To buy cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you're applying every discount
Companies don't always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Raleigh auto insurance quote.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, anti-theft, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, driver training, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, air bags, early bird, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, student driver, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, early bird, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and air bags.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Raleigh. To view companies who offer free Dodge Ram insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here.
Rates and other information
The rate table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Having insight into how policy premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$102||$172||$318||$18||$96||$706||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$116||$210||$318||$18||$96||$758||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$128||$248||$318||$18||$96||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$128||$284||$318||$18||$96||$844||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$128||$284||$318||$18||$96||$844||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Raleigh location which can impact rates noticeably.
How Insurance Providers Determine Dodge Ram Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Your occupation and auto insurance rates - Careers such as fire fighters, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and long work days. Other careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
Deter vehicle theft - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Incidental coverages can add up - There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Premiums are affected by your credit history - Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Ram by improving your credit score. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings.
Gender is a factor - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts for multiple policies - Some auto insurance companies allow discounts to people who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
Expect high rates for teens - Beginning drivers in North Carolina are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Safer vehicles save money - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
Car insurance agents can give valuable advice
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can provide insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to buying a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a Dodge Ram?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
In the end, you can save money
Affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Raleigh can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Raleigh auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Raleigh
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Additional learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Raleigh, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)