Are you tired of overpaying and want lower-priced Dodge Dakota insurance in Raleigh? Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are lots of Raleigh residents who feel the same.
Statistics show that a large majority of car insurance policyholders in North Carolina kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save almost $859 every year, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Raleigh is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, use these money-saving tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Consumers just have to use the proper way to compare company rates instantly.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Raleigh, click here to view.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize most insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information like daily mileage, types of safety features, if the vehicle is leased, and what your job is. The data is then submitted to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in North Carolina. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Raleigh, NC, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance data for a Dodge Dakota
The information below highlights different insurance premium costs for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding more about how premiums are established is important for making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$152||$298||$320||$18||$96||$884||$74|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$152||$298||$320||$18||$96||$884||$74|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$320||$18||$96||$908||$76|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$320||$18||$96||$908||$76|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$352||$320||$18||$96||$962||$80|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$352||$320||$18||$96||$962||$80|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$198||$352||$320||$18||$96||$984||$82|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$220||$352||$256||$16||$76||$920||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Dakota premium costs with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Dakota claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How are claims handled?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
The difference between Raleigh auto insurance agents
If you want to use local Raleigh agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below are Raleigh independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Dodge Dakota insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many Raleigh insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare Dodge Dakota insurance rates in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to buying lower priced Dodge Dakota insurance in Raleigh
The easiest way to find discount Dodge Dakota insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Raleigh. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)