The recommended way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Get an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates will probably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A study showed that drivers who shopped around saved over $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on Cadillac ATS insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding the best way to compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
All the larger insurance companies give prices for coverage from their websites. Comparing Cadillac ATS insurance rates online is pretty painless as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. When complete, the system collects your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on the information you submitted. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Raleigh
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Raleigh auto insurance quote.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Raleigh may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. To view companies who offer free Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in Raleigh, follow this link.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Cadillac ATS Insurance Premiums
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are some of the most common factors companies use to determine premiums.
Premiums can change based on your address – Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop vehicle theft.
Fewer miles means better rates – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your ATS may be costing you higher rates.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – Policies have additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Combine policies and save – Most larger car insurance companies give better rates for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
Claims statistics for a Cadillac ATS – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years