Want to learn a better way to compare lower-priced Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are many Raleigh drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around saved approximately $850 each year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on Kia Spectra insurance is your intention, then knowing how to shop and compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
How to buy affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help reduce prices and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons at least once a year because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price on Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Raleigh auto insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Spectra insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. For a list of insurers with significant discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh is to realize all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as deductibles desired, if a SR-22 is required, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if the vehicle is leased. That information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Raleigh.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Raleigh, NC. To buy cheap car insurance in NC, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Kia Spectra?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an agent
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want a local agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Raleigh are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent agents in Raleigh who may provide competitive price quotes.
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How many years have they been established?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Frequent quotes can save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many tips how you can get a better price on Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Raleigh
The best way to get cheaper Kia Spectra insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Raleigh. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)