Want to learn how to find low-cost car insurance rates in Raleigh, NC? Raleigh consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Audi A6 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for your Audi and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Raleigh agents.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rate on Audi A6 insurance in Raleigh a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Audi A6 insurance in Raleigh.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Our goal is to let you in on how car insurance works and also pocket some savings Shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to buy auto insurance from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Audi A6 insurance rate analysis
The table displayed next highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Audi A6 models. Having knowledge of how premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$582||$254||$16||$76||$1,216||$101|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$582||$254||$16||$76||$1,216||$101|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$582||$254||$16||$76||$1,216||$101|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$582||$254||$16||$76||$1,216||$101|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$288||$582||$216||$12||$64||$1,162||$97|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$288||$582||$216||$12||$64||$1,162||$97|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$582||$254||$16||$76||$1,216||$101|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$288||$582||$216||$12||$64||$1,162||$97|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$650||$254||$16||$76||$1,310||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Audi A6 auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A6 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the difference between Audi A6 premium costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, driver’s education, accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, good student, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, homeowners, early bird, teen driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Raleigh. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.
Best reasons to buy insurance in North Carolina
Despite the high cost, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but buy from a local Raleigh insurance agency
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Raleigh?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Raleigh?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Raleigh?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Raleigh agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Spurling Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
7501 Creedmoor Rd #114 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 676-2502 – View Map
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
- Alex Burt – State Farm Insurance Agent
3021 Berks Way #102 – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 435-1417 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below are independent agencies in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
- Marcus L Davis Agency
3901 Barrett Dr Suite 312 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 772-7698 – View Map
- Durfey-Hoover-Bowden Insurance Agency
3741 Benson Dr – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 790-6415 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael E Okoli Agency Inc
309 W Millbrook Rd #151 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 786-1960 – View Map