High-priced car insurance in Raleigh can dry up your monthly budget and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
Regrettably, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in North Carolina renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. American drivers could save about $850 each year, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Steps to buying cheaper Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and bad credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
You have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates for Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh.
Buy Audi A4 Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
Don’t get traffic citations – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
The example below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can raise Audi A4 auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your A4 can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Experienced drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Don’t skimp on liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Never allow your coverage to lapse – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Performance impacts premiums – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Audi A4 rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
Better prices for being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Does your vocation raise your premiums? – Careers such as military personnel, police officers, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress and long work days. Other careers such as actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi A4 – Companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A4 4dr 2WD||179||107||103||80||112||100|
|Audi A4 4dr 4WD||160||94||118||66||68||77|
|Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD||145||84||110||47||47||70|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Audi A4 coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Audi A4 models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are calculated is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$116||$284||$282||$16||$84||$782||$65|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$116||$248||$282||$16||$84||$746||$62|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$116||$248||$282||$16||$84||$746||$62|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$116||$284||$282||$16||$84||$782||$65|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$284||$282||$16||$84||$794||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$284||$282||$16||$84||$794||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$284||$282||$16||$84||$794||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$128||$284||$282||$16||$84||$794||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$284||$282||$16||$84||$794||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$284||$282||$16||$84||$794||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premiums significantly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Audi A4 insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Raleigh?
The information below compares Audi A4 insurance costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A4 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh
Some companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Paper-free Discount – A few car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current A4 insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A4 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-policy, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, air bags, good student, mature driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, and anti-theft.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. To locate providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Raleigh, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Raleigh car insurance agents?
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent. Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Raleigh can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing a insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind you can always terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to your new company with no way out.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Audi A4?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Find cheaper auto insurance prices by comparing often
Cheaper Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, poor customer service and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
How to find low-cost rates for Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh
The best way to find affordable Audi A4 insurance in Raleigh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in North Carolina.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)