We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who compare price quotes are very likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on Chevy Camaro insurance in Raleigh is your intention, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on car insurance rates in Raleigh is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives tips to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Ways to get Chevy Camaro insurance quotes in Raleigh
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Chevy Camaro insurance in Raleigh
Some insurance providers do not list all available discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Camaro insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies will provide an incentive shop Raleigh car insurance on your computer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Camaro insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Raleigh.
Chevy Camaro detailed coverage information
The table displayed next highlights different insurance rates for Chevy Camaro models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are determined can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify prices noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Chevy Camaro annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Camaro liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Camaro insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Camaro book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
What Determines Chevy Camaro Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Camaro if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Insurance claims cost money – If you file claims often, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in North Carolina award most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Use one insurance company and save – Some companies will give lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more by buying from different companies
- Urban areas may pay more – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Driving citations are costly – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received license-revoking citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions impact Chevy Camaro premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Camaro is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Camaro vehicles – Companies use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Camaro vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Camaro Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Camaro 2dr 139 118 123 123 130 127 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 92 85 107 85 95 103 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr 222 80 174 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible 111 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Raleigh
If you would like to find a local Raleigh insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Raleigh can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5011 Falls of Neuse Rd A – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 862-1300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 846-3901 – View Map
- Anthony Sykes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 Wake Forest Rd Ste 106 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 850-0560 – View Map
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get price quotes.
- Matt Roberts Agency, Inc.
1151 Falls River Avenue, Suite 105-A – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 845-2999 – View Map
- Wade S Dunbar Insurance
7951 Monument Ln # 201 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 720-2290 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 720-4724 – View Map
Persistent drivers can save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Chevy Camaro insurance in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Raleigh is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Immigrants in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)